Origin Legal Ltd, company number 4976835, is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Origin Legal Ltd with trading names Origin Legal and Origin Paralegal conducts business as a “Recruitment Agency” and “Recruitment Business” as defined in Section 13(2) of the Employment Agencies Act 1973. Personal data from Data subjects is kept for the purposes of providing these services to its clients.
This policy covers how Origin Legal Ltd uses and protects any information that you provide when using the website www.originlegal.co.uk or any of its services.
The Data Controller
Origin Legal Ltd of The Studio, Lodge Park, Lodge Lane Langham Essex CO4 5NE is the data controller for any personal information you supply in relation to its services and when registering as a client or candidate.
What data is held?
Origin Legal Ltd may store your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details, together with your e-mail address, and other relevant information from your CV. This may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin if provided by you.
How is data collected?
Your personal details can be sent through via our website where you can upload your CV in relation to specific opportunities advertised or by sending your CV to a consultant at Origin Legal either in response to a specific vacancy or to be used to assess suitability for future and upcoming vacancies.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
How your data is used?
Your data is used to provide the professional services offered by Origin Legal Ltd as a Recruitment Agency or Recruitment Business. More specifically your data is used to ensure that you are given the best advice in terms of suitable roles and upcoming vacancies.
Your personal data will be held securely and used to:
- determine suitability for client vacancies
- forward to clients, with your express consent, for their assessment of your suitability for a vacancy or potential vacancy or a speculative general role
- contact you by telephone, email SMS or writing to discuss existing and upcoming roles
- provide payroll services
Where your personal data may be sent:
- to our clients who will be subject to the same GDPR undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Origin Legal Ltd.
- to third parties when retained to provide services that you or our clients have requested. This may include companies utilised to conduct Employment Verification, reference checking, qualification checking and Criminal record checking
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if required to do so by Law.
How long and where do we keep your data?
Origin Legal Ltd will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed in order to use it as described above in providing the service and/or for as long as you have given permission to keep it. Sometimes your personal data must be kept beyond the duration of the provision of the service in order to meet statutory requirements for accountancy practice.
Your data will be stored in the UK.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which Origin Legal Ltd will uphold:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is used
- The right of access to your personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to have your data rectified if incorrect or incomplete
- The right to erasure. This is not an absolute right but specifically:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- Where the personal data was unlawfully processed (ie otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- When personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- When the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object. Specifically but not necessarily limited to you have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
More comprehensive information relating to your rights can be found on the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website https://ico.org.uk/
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights or in the event of a complaint please contact The Data Protection Officer at Origin Legal in writing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the EEA which is ISO27001 certified. We undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Origin Legal Ltd
The Studio, Lodge Park, Lodge Lane, Langham, Essex CO4 5NE