Job Ref AF001
Salary From £55,000
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Banking & Finance
This dedicated team of 50 professionals operates nationwide across multiple offices, consistently achieving a Tier 1 ranking in the Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide.
The role involves the handling of a broad range of matters for high and ultra-high net worth clients. The team boasts specialisation in various aspects of trusts, estates, and tax, providing guidance to clients with diverse assets, including international, agricultural, literary, and business holdings. Directors and Partners specialise in specific areas, such as acting as independent administrators in contested high net worth estates, addressing complex mental capacity issues, managing cross-border estates, and advising agricultural clients. The team is recognised for its flexible problem-solving abilities, exemplified by the Private Wealth Initiative, where Corporate and TET teams collaborate to craft succession and tax plans for business owners.
In this role, the Trusts, Estates & Tax Associate will collaborate closely with senior members of the Trusts, Estates, and Tax team. These experienced professionals will supervise their work and actively support career progression, providing an exceptional opportunity for professional development and the chance to work on high-quality instructions alongside industry leaders.
- The Trusts, Estates & Tax Associate is expected to maintain consistently high standards, delivering exemplary client service and care.
- Competent financial management and commercial acumen are essential, including accurate time recording, billing, achieving firm-set targets, and effective Work in Progress (WIP) management.
- Actively contribute to business development efforts to ensure client retention and business expansion.
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise at all times.
- Be accountable for personal development, continually improving interpersonal and soft skills.
- Demonstrate competence in accordance with the SRA competence standards.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks that may be required from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the client’s industry and business are crucial.
- A proven track record of competent financial management, the ability to meet client expectations, and sound case management skills is expected.
- Proficiency in IT skills, including experience and confidence in using case management systems, electronic time recording, and general Microsoft packages, is required.
- The Trusts, Estates & Tax Associate should be a self-motivated, friendly individual with excellent interpersonal skills.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.