Job Ref CT 22/2/22
Experience Level Support services
Practice Area Private Client
We are working on behalf of a Legal 500 and Chambers recognised firm, who are looking for a Tax advisor to join their highly regarded Private Client Team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a tax practitioner to work alongside STEP qualified solicitors and an experienced accountant in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The role can be housed in either Aberdeen or Inverness and we are happy to discuss part time and flexible working hours. Alongside a competitive salary and benefits, you’ll be part of an environment that offers a positive working environment with likeminded peers and a real ethos for teamwork.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of Income Tax returns for individuals and for Trusts and Estates, including at close of Estate administration.
- Preparation of Form R185s for Trust beneficiaries.
- Registration of new Trusts via HMRC’s Trust Registration Service.
- Provision of Inheritance Tax advice, including advice on the applicability of Agricultural and Business Reliefs.
- Provision of advice on the reporting of Capital Gains Tax including preparation of Capital Gains Tax Computations, real time Capital Gains Tax reporting and advice on related reliefs such as holdover relief, roll over relief and entrepreneurs’ relief.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual Non-Resident Landlord Income Tax returns and attendant tax certificates.
- Previous experience of similar work is essential.
- Initiative with a professional approach.
- Excellent communication skills
All enquiries treated in the strictest confidence. Contact us now to discuss the role or for a general chat about the North/ Northwest markets.