Job Ref ARP 101
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE9 + YRS PQE
Practice Area Property
Our client are a Top 50 UK Law firm of the highest calibre, highly rated by Legal 500 and one of the Top 100 best companies to work for.
They wish to recruit a Solicitor with at least two years PQE to join their residential property team, which is part of the firm’s Real Estate National Service. The team are renowned for being friendly and supportive.
The team’s work includes advising:
- ground rent investors on the acquisition, financing and management of large residential portfolios, including enfranchisement and lease extensions;
- rural landowners on the sale and management of estates and country homes, development agreements, options and overage arrangements;
- family owned property companies and landed estates on the management of their residential and mixed property portfolios, including the grant and management of residential tenancies;
- high net worth individuals on the sale, purchase and financing of properties across the country and on matrimonial transfers and charges, the restructuring of property interests for tax planning purposes and probate sales;
- leaseholders on large collective enfranchisement claims;
- developers on the acquisition, development and sale of residential property sites;
- insurers on the defence of negligence claims made against conveyancing firms; and
- Universities and Oxbridge colleges on the set up and administration of housing assistance schemes.
You will have proven ability and experience in dealing with residential property work, gained at a high calibre firm, although you do not necessarily need experience of all the areas of work referred to above.
The following are essential:
- Strong academics – 2.1 degree and good A levels or equivalents;
- Excellent written English and a good level of numeracy;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- IT literacy, including familiarity with MS Office