Job Ref CH/3007
Salary City Level Salary, Low Tax, Bonus & Relocation Pac
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE
Practice Area Banking & FinanceCorporate & CommercialFinancial Services/Regulatory
Openings exist at Associate and Senior Associate level for lawyers with experience in Corporate/ M&A, Banking & Finance, Investment Funds, Crypto & Blockchain, Debt Capital Markets, FS Regulatory/ AML or Dispute Resolution & Litigation
The Channel Islands offer lawyers the best of both worlds. Joining an elite offshore law firm, you will enjoy exposure to high-value cross-border legal work whilst benefitting from a lifestyle that is unattainable at an equivalent onshore firm. Offshore firms in the Channel Islands recruit from NQ level upwards and the typical NQ starting salary is currently around £70,000, well above the average across most of the UK market. When you take into account the lower rate of income tax, this means that an NQ in the Channel Islands would have a net income to match a lawyer in the UK on c.£78,000.
Joining at Associate level, you would be looking at a salary in the region of £80,000 at 2 years PQE. However, this is a conservative estimate, as across the whole legal market salaries are only on the up and so there is scope for this to be higher.
These roles offer:
- Generous salary – starting at £70,000 at NQ level (20% tax rate) + generous bonus (up to 30%) + benefits;
- Relocation package – cash expenses, flights and one months’ accommodation on arrival;
- Genuine responsibility with exposure to high-value and complex international work;
- Active involvement in client management and business development from the outset;
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training throughout the ‘settling in’ period;
- Collegiate team-focused working environments;
- The opportunity to work closely with senior market leading lawyers, many of whom are ex-City;
- Transparent expectations for career progression and mentoring to help you to achieve it.
Offshore law firms promise a consistent diet of high-end work and a level of client contact that is rare for a junior lawyer in a top-class firm. You will find yourself advising on some of the biggest deals, in one of the world’s pre-eminent offshore financial centres, often working closely with senior level partners. As a result, you will have the opportunity to build your career quickly, gaining experience that is highly valued across the offshore and wider international markets.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand;
- Training contract completed with a City, International or leading regional law firm;
- Experience in or at least one relevant training seat in Corporate, M&A, investment funds, real estate finance, general banking & finance or Dispute Resolution/ Litigation.
A great platform for your career:
We have helped many lawyers to relocate to the Channel Islands on qualification and without exception the feedback has been positive. Some settle and remain for the long-term, some build experience before making a lucrative move within the offshore sector (eg. to Cayman, BVI or Hong Kong), and of course some return to the onshore market, and when they do, they go to good firms. Recent examples of firms joined by lawyers returning to London after gaining experience in the Channel Islands include, Addleshaw Goddard, Clifford Chance, Clyde & Co., CMS, Dentons, Eversheds, Macfarlanes, Norton Rose Fulbright, Simmons & Simmons, Latham & Watkins, Mayer Brown and Travers Smith. What better proof can there be, that experience from a top offshore firm provides a great platform for your long-term career?