Job Ref ARP/203
Salary £25,000 £35,000
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Property
Licensed Conveyancer/ Legal Executive – Watford
Our client is a dynamic, forward-looking Top 100 UK law firm who attribute their success to the quality of their people, and the variety of their strengths and skills. They wish to recruit a Conveyancing Executive to join a team that deal with lender sales. The successful candidate will be either a Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer with a broad understanding of residential conveyancing, but more importantly have a can do attitude and a desire to join a market leading law firm on the outskirts of London.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
1. Subject to supervision, to be responsible for the overall conduct of own volume of mortgage repossession sales from initial set up and title check to completion and the distribution of any surplus funds. To include freehold, leasehold and shared ownership.
2. To receive new client instructions – setting up files, maintaining case management and practice database records.
3. To undertake title checks and prepare report, and to advise upon and carry out any necessary title rectification.
4. To be responsible for checking client papers, requesting further information and advising on strategy as appropriate.
5. To carry out all instructions in a timely and efficient manner to meet appropriate deadlines and to adhere strictly to client specific Service Level Agreements.
6. To ensure all files are monitored on a regular basis. Ensuring all diary and review dates are entered as appropriate and comply with deadlines.
7. To develop excellent working relationships with all clients and asset managers – being pro-active in all activities and ensuring the client is regularly updated on all developments.
8. To liaise with clients, asset managers, borrowers and solicitors/legal advisers and third parties by telephone and in writing.
9. To manage billing processes, including the preparation of completion statements and statement of accounts.
10. To undertake any and all associated administrative tasks.
11. To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client data, documentation and/or information, at all times.
12. To process the cases and produce documents and correspondence using the case management system, including the drafting of own non-standard letters and documents. To deal promptly and accurately with all filing on a daily basis, including the storage and retrieval of client files.