Job Ref JRW 3163
Salary £75000 95,000 (DOE) + Full Benefits + Car + Bonus
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
Our client now seeks to add further strength and depth to its in-house legal capacity and the business continues to thrive and grow. This is an exciting opportunity to obtain excellent exposure to a broad range of commercial matters. The role is very flexible in terms of remote / home working but travel will be required initially once a week to the head office. This is likely to reduce once the successful candidate in embedded in the business.
The Role (Initial job spec but subject to change and by no means exhaustive)
The role holder will ensure that the Group operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, and be an effective guardian of the Group, its Purpose, Mission and values
You will be a qualified solicitor or equivalent with ideally with a minimum of 4 Years+ PQE with strong commercial law experience undertaken in private practice, in-house (or with in-house secondments). Knowledge of the merchanting market is useful but not essential.
Working alongside the Director of Legal & Compliance you will:
- Advise the Directors and Senior Leadership Team on various matters such as intellectual property, e-commerce, goods and services distribution, advertising & promotion, framework agreements and call-off contracts (developing guidance notes, training materials, learning tools and internal communications)
- Provision of strategic support to the Group companies and senior executives in matters relating to governance and legal compliance and take a proactive role in ensuring that policies and processes in this area are fit for the purpose
- Develop and manage relationships with external law firms and ensure that any external legal resource is appropriate for the advice sought and cost-effective.
- Cross-jurisdiction legal compliance management (Ireland)
- Oversee and identify the legal issues in all departments and their interrelation, including IT, design, marketing, sales, operations, finance, and production.
- Setting internal governance policies and managing the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Deal with external parties (regulators, customers, suppliers etc)
- Manage insured claims in conjunction with brokers and external lawyers.
- Draft/negotiate agreements that minimise risks and maximize legal rights
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
The successful candidate will be collaborative, proactive, comfortable operating in an agile and fast-paced environment, and will have excellent communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Proven commercial experience in a business or Private Practice environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (Commercial Contracts, Real estate, Corporate Law, Litigation, Labour law, Compliance etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- A highly collaborative approach, and effective liaison with colleagues, other law firms
- Client Service and clearly communicated practical advice
- Technical Ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Delivery focus
An excellent remuneration package awaits the successful candidate including a competitive salary, bonus and car allowance.
Origin Legal is handling a number of Commercial Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options, then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best-practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.