Job Ref SS/792
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
In-House Solicitor – Kent
Our global client now seeks to add to it’s legal capability with the appointment of a junior solicitor to work in the busy in-house legal team. You will assist the Group Secretary and General Counsel, and the other senior solicitors in the team, in providing sound legal and commercial advice to the business.
The role will also provide support generally to the legal team, including the assistant company secretary, in conjunction with the paralegal already working in the team. Day-to-day workload will include the preparation and negotiation of customer and supplier contracts and other terms and conditions of business, review and preparation of NDAs, assisting with the management of disputes and general legal queries for the Group’s UK businesses.
Key attributes include:
- Qualified solicitor
- NQ to 3 years post qualification experience.
- In-house experience desirable but not essential.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Sound technical knowledge and good experience of commercial contract law.
- Strong team player with a ‘can do’, flexible attitude and a commercial approach with excellent organisational, communication and written skills.
- MS Office – minimum of intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and demands from different areas of the business.
- Ability to identify legal matters that must be escalated to the Group Secretary & Legal Counsel, or other solicitors in the team, for guidance and/or decision.
- Exercise sound judgement in decision making and be able to support judgements and decisions made.
- Maintain the highest possible professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Willing to assume responsibility and accountability in all relevant areas.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.