Job Ref CH/06/12
Salary Good Salary With Reduced Tax Rate (20%).
Experience Level 6 - 8 YRS PQE
Practice Area Employment
One of the leading offshore law firms is looking for a Senior Employment Lawyer to head their Channel Islands Employment Team. The role will be based in Jersey but will involve taking charge of employment law matters across Jersey and Guernsey by providing technical legal advice to clients across a number of practice areas, primarily litigation and financial services law.
- Take responsibility for the growth of the employment practice across the Jersey and Guernsey offices.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients.
- Take a lead role in business development and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Supervision and management of junior staff within the team.
- Minimum 6 years PQE with experience in contentious and non-contentious employment law.
- Qualified in the UK, Jersey or Guernsey.
- Excellent technical ability and communication skills.
- World-class offshore financial centre with a globally respected legal sector.
- Perhaps the best place in the world for combining high-quality work, excellent salary, and an enviable work-life balance.
- Easy access to mainland UK and France.
- 20% maximum rate income tax.
- All enquiries treated in the strictest confidence.
- Initial interviews by telephone/ videoconference (if not already Jersey based), followed by an in-person interview in the Jersey office.
- Start dates negotiable.
- Good salary with reduced tax rate (20%).
- Comprehensive benefits, bonus, and relocation package (flights + temporary accommodation on arrival + expenses allowance).
The Channel Islands offer a lifestyle that is poles apart from the mainland. Work-life balance is better, even at the top firms, meaning you will have plenty of time to get involved in everything that island life has to offer. Lawyers here enjoy a busy social life, whether it is after work drinks with colleagues, any of the numerous sports clubs, or taking advantage of the stunning coastline to try surfing, sailing or just lazing on the beach. Then, when you need a city fix, frequent flights can have you in London in an hour. To find out more have a look at our: Origin Legal Guide to Living and Working in the Channel Islands
We have helped many lawyers to relocate to the Channel Islands and without exception, the feedback has been positive. Roles at this level, especially within employment law, don’t come up very often in the Channel Islands, so if you’ve read this far it may be worth us having a chat.
For more information or to arrange a time to discuss, please contact: