Job Ref CT/07/01
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Litigation
We are working alongside our client, a top tier and award-winning firm, to find an exceptional Costs Draftsperson or Costs Lawyer to join their team.
You will be joining like-minded and experienced costs litigation professionals based nationally with extensive experience of dealing with high value costs ligation, costs budgeting, appeals, group litigation and technical challenges.
This opportunity would suit a self-starting proactive individual that is happy to work independently with minimal supervision, alongside working with a team when required.
The role can be housed in either the Manchester or Liverpool offices, both with central locations and ease of commutability with stations near-by.
- To provide dedicated costs support for litigation lawyers across several UK and International offices.
- Responsible for the management of a caseload including schedules of costs, bills of costs/budgets and negotiating costs to settlement.
- Dealing predominantly with adverse costs claims on multi track matters.
- Experience working as a Costs Draftsperson handling your own caseload.
- Have the confidence to work autonomously, working on files from start to finish.
- Experience of drafting points of dispute, points of reply.
- IT literate, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Up to date knowledge of the CPR and legislation.
- Excellent communication, organisation, and research skills
- Adherence to guidelines and procedures
- A flexible approach to work
- All enquiries treated in the strictest confidence.
- Contact us now to discuss the role or for a general chat about the North/ North West markets.