Job Ref ARP 333
Salary £40 45,000 + Benefits
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE9 + YRS PQE
Practice Area Employment
Origin Legal are retained exclusively by a long standing, highly regarded law firm in East Anglia with a long history of success and impressive client care. Their clients come from a vast array of industries spread throughout Suffolk and Essex. The firm operate an open door, extremely friendly and supportive 9-5.30pm culture and have a team of 25 in total.
They now wish to recruit a Lawyer for their employment team that has the personality to truly become part of the local community.
The work will involves the following
- Drafting contracts of employment and policies and procedures for employers, including senior staff. Advising on and drafting non-competition covenants.
- Reviewing existing contractual documents and staff handbooks, and making recommendations for additions or alterations.
- Advising employers on handling disciplinary grievance and sickness absence procedures and conducting investigations and handling these hearings.
- Drafting settlement agreements.
- Dealing with employment aspects of sale and purchase of businesses, to include due diligence enquiries, content of share sale and asset sale agreements with all connected TUPE issues.
- Advising on redundancy, including calculating redundancy costs, including advising on consultation requirements of large scale redundancies.
- Acting for both employers and employees on a broad range of employment related claims which are primarily wrongful dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages, and advised representation in relation to protected characteristics and whistleblowing.
- For the employer – conducting appropriate investigation and drafting defence, form ET3, and contact with ACAS.
- For the employee – drafting form ET1 and contact with ACAS.
- In all respects reviewing the commercial significance of a potential claim, and/or estimating levels of compensation.
- Advice on confidentiality and restrictive covenants.
- Within the firm, advising the directors of any employment related problems that arise within the staff.
- Being involved in the community and making personal contacts with actual and potential business clients.
- Presenting seminars.
- Responsible for promotion and development of employment department and involvement in marketing activities of the firm generally.
- Production of a regular Employment news bulletin
- Attending networking events
Candidates returning to work after children or career breaks and both full or part time are also invited to apply. Partnership prospects exist for the successful candidate together with a benefits package that includes 5 weeks holiday, death in service, health care, pension scheme and bonus
For more information contact Andrew Porter
D 01206 233510 M 07813 955998