Job Ref CT/281002
Salary Competitive Salary
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Employment
Due to continued growth, our client is now recruiting for an Associate to join their national Employment Team in Belfast. The applicant will be providing much needed fee earning support within this busy team, so solid experience is necessary. This is an outstanding opportunity for a solicitor from NQ – 3-year PQE to work in a team with real strength in depth.
The successful candidate will work on a high quality but varied caseload, working closely with the Legal Director and other team members locally and nationally. The work caseload split is as follows:
- Employment tribunal claims (almost exclusively acting for Respondents).
- Helping employers manage issues in the workplace such as; disciplinaries, grievances, restructuring, and redundancies.
- Providing employment law support in corporate deals and outsourcing contracts, contract drafting, and client training.
- Enforcement of post termination restrictive covenants.
- Advice on industrial relations and collective issues.
- Drafting of contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, settlement agreements and other employment related documentation.
- Business development including training and seminars.
- A Solicitor with at least 6 months experience working in employment (this can be in a trainee seat or post qualification).
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment and demonstrate the ability to work with a range of fee earners across different geographic locations.
- Strong academic and professional background, ideally at a leading national firm or a city law firm.
- Enthusiasm for employment law and the ability to give advice in a commercial context.
- Experience of advising large private sector employers and ideally in-house employment lawyers.
- Strong client handling skills with the ability to instil confidence in clients.
- Attention to detail, whilst managing and assimilating wide ranging and complex facts.
- All enquiries treated in the strictest confidence.
- Contact us now to discuss the role or for a general chat about the North/ North West markets.