Job Ref JRW 3141
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
Our client is an award-winning Legal 100 firm with offices in London and across the South. They have grown rapidly and now have a headcount of approximately 350.
They now seek a qualified Solicitor to join their highly regarded Corporate Group, working primarily in the Surrey office.
Core work will be on the general M&A markets to include the acquisition and sale of private companies, private equity and financing of private businesses, shareholders agreements and restructuring, together with the corporate support required. In addition, the department deals with Capital Market transactions and you may be asked to be involved.
Initially, you will work with other members of the team, but as your experience develops, you will have responsibility for running your own files under supervision.
The team often have to work to demanding timescales, so the flexibility of working hours is necessary.
The team’s focus is building high-quality corporate clients, accountants, corporate finance advisers and referrers in the market. You will be involved in M&A, capital markets and private equity deals. They operate as a team, and you will be involved in building and developing client and professional/referrer contacts.
Example matters include:
- Verification exercises
- Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Drafting prospectus documents and related shareholder/directors minutes
- Managing data rooms
- Due diligence
- Disclosure Letters
- Banking facilities and security
- Completion management and document production
- Meetings with clients and professionals
- In due course run small transactions with supervision
- Provide ongoing deal updates to clients
- You will need to build a contact base and attend networking events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Some previous experience of corporate M&A, some capital markets experience is helpful or you will need to demonstrate an ability to do so. You are likely to be an NQ or up to 3 years PQE.
- Knowledge of the Companies Acts and a working knowledge of corporate transactional processes.
- Able to effectively manage their time to achieve client and internal deadlines.
- Understanding the importance of client care with an ability to deal with a wide range of clients with differing objectives including being able to understand the commercial objectives of the client.
- Able to work within a team and provide support to Associates and Partners as appropriate.
- Confident Excel skills sufficient to enable the reviewing of relevant matters.
- Competent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Digital Dictation and a case management system.
- Ability to draft documentation, with good attention to detail.
- Understanding of the strategy and vision of the firm. Communicate effectively with clients, in writing, over the telephone and in meetings.
Origin Legal is handling a number of Corporate Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options, then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.