Job Ref JRW2097
Salary £from 7500++
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE9 + YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
Our client is a global business looking to add further strength and depth to their legal group based in Surrey. Hybrid working is available.
Education and professional qualification as a solicitor licensed to practice English law is essential.
The position is to support the Company Secretary and to act as their deputy where required.
You will be a Solicitor with at least 3 years PQE, or an Associate or Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ACIS/FCIS) with at least 5 years relevant experience working in a legal/company secretarial department.
A strong financial package including company car and bonus await the successful individual.
Principal responsibilities of the role are:
- To assist the Company Secretary and to manage corporate and financial reorganisations and other projects, often of a complex nature, of high value (USD1billion plus) and with an international dimension;
- Drafting of board and shareholder minutes and related documents for the payment of dividends, share capital increases/decreases and other corporate actions;
- Company formations, assisting with corporate acquisitions and disposals and related transactions in various jurisdictions;
- Attendance at and minuting for subsidiary company board meetings and advising directors on ad hoc issues;
- Advising directors and senior management on ad hoc issues arising from internal and external corporate developments;
- UK subsidiary company statutory and compliance work including the drafting of minutes, amendment to, and maintenance of, company Articles;
- Ensuring subsidiary companies comply with the Companies Act and relevant regulatory bodies
- Assisting with maintenance and renewals of FCA Consumer Credit registrations;
- Disseminating information in response to internal and external requests;
- Drafting documents for the winding up of companies (Companies Act route);
- Advising, drafting and preparation of powers of attorney, declarations and revocations of trusts;
- Advising, reviewing and drafting of non-standard UK company bank mandates;
- Advising on and arranging for the execution, notarisation and legalisation of proxies, letters of representation and other documents for UK and overseas companies;
- Project managing and liaison with agents in other jurisdictions on statutory and compliance work; and
- Assisting with the maintenance of the computerised database (Computershare’s GEMs database) on 80+ of the Group’s UK companies in the UK and Ireland when required.
– Be self-sufficient.
– demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the UK Companies Act 2006.
– work alone, or as a team, often under pressure, to strict deadlines and able to prioritise tasks.
– extract key facts from persons and situations.
– lead, drive and complete projects, often within tight deadlines, addressing problems as they arise.
– draft dividend and other corporate documents from scratch.
– draft minutes, take board minutes and demonstrate a good command of written English.
– Good administrative skills with an eye for detail.
Origin Legal is handling a number of Corporate Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.