Job Ref ARP09
Salary £45 75,000
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE9 + YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Lawyer to join a “Regional Heavyweight” ranked Legal 500 firm recognised as having the strongest law firm profile in Essex.
Our client are redefining what it means to be a Lawyer. Their focus is on people – their clients, their employees and their business partners and those in the local communities.
The firm is a vibrant and dynamic place to work, dedicated to training and developing their colleagues and committed to providing outstanding client care, which is demonstrated by its enviable portfolio of business and personal clients.
We now wish to strengthen the highly regarded Commercial and Corporate Finance team recognised for its knowledgeable, responsive and pragmatic advice. An opportunity to progress your career with guidance and support from leading individuals committed to your development and progression. The team successfully retains and attracts a diverse range of clients assisting them with national and international transactional matters and other good quality work on which the team thrives.
The successful candidate will join a highly driven and successful team and be supported to specialise in an area of interest alongside the more general workstreams. The team attracts a variety of quality work and candidates should have proven experience in handling a diverse caseload incorporating:
- Buying and selling businesses and companies
- Corporate finance
- Shareholder and Joint Venture agreements
- Agency and Distribution agreements and regulation
- General contract preparation and review
- Intellectual Property
- Security and lending
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Business Law and corporate administration
- Ideally you will have 2+ years PQE – although we welcome your application if you possess the relevant criteria particularly if you have prior industry experience before training to be a solicitor
- You will have the ability to deliver succinct clear and practical advice in a timely manner
- You will be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness when dealing with client and team matters
- You will be highly motivated by the work you do and have a desire to constantly improve
- You will have sound technical knowledge in the areas of corporate and commercial work in which you have experience and be willing to continually expand that knowledge
- You will be experienced enough to take on and manage, with minimal supervision, a range of company commercial work
- Ideally you will be self-motivated with an outgoing personality and will be driven to play an active role in the future development and growth of the team; experience in business development, or an enthusiasm to develop those skills, is essential
- You will possess excellent client and team communication skills
- You will need to be adaptable to work with smaller entrepreneurial businesses as well as larger concerns.
As the role will involve marketing and business development you will need to be flexible enough to work outside normal office hours when required.
An extremely competitive salary (depending on experience) and flexibility in working hours to meet the changing demands of the way people work.
Pension scheme, permanent health insurance and life assurance (valued at four times your gross annual salary). You will be entitled to private medical insurance, a generous holiday allowance (starting at 25 days for full time), on top of bank holidays and a firm profit share scheme.
The list above is not exhaustive and the benefits package is continually reviewed to reward both professionally, financially and personally.