Job Ref JMH.BVI0507
Salary Generous Low Tax Salary
Experience Level 2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE9 + YRS PQE
Practice Area Banking & FinanceCorporate & CommercialFinancial Services/Regulatory
This prestigious offshore law firm is looking for an England & Wales qualified corporate lawyer to join their BVI office. The role offers the opportunity to work with some of the leading corporate lawyers in the BVI market. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years’ corporate experience with at least one of these spent in the British Virgin Islands market.
You will work closely with colleagues on island and overseas, as part of one of the largest corporate teams in the offshore legal market. As well as enjoying some of the most complex and interesting work a lawyer in this field can do, you will also benefit from an environment that offers plenty of responsibility and lots of client contact, ideal for someone who is keen to build their network. The money is good, the tax is low and the opportunities for career progression are excellent – indeed, if you should tire of life on an idyllic Caribbean Island, you will find that your experience here is respected back in the UK as well as throughout the offshore world.
- England & Wales qualified lawyer
- At least 4 years PQE (with previous experience of the BVI market)
- A background in a respected corporate team in the UK or offshore is essential
- Excellent technical and communication skills; adaptability to take on a diverse practice
- Opportunity to work with some of the leading corporate lawyers in the BVI market
- All lawyers encouraged to build client relationships and contribute to business development
- High-quality work with plenty of scope for career progression
- All the advantages of life on one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean
For some, the BVI is the pick of the Caribbean. A mountainous, rain forested interior surrounded by picture postcard bays, it is probably not far from the idyllic image that might cross your mind when you ponder whether there is ‘more to life’. It’s not for everyone. You will need to be comfortable with a slower pace, you will see its remoteness as a gift rather than an inconvenience, and you will be the sort of person who gets more out of sailing, diving or relaxing on the beach than you do from the buzz of city life. If that’s you, you will love it here. Not to mention that the work, much of it emanating out of China/Asia, is some of the most interesting and challenging in the sector.
Attractive salary (tax rate of 8%) + benefits + bonus + relocation package