Job Ref JMH.KY.CS
Salary Generous Tax Free Salary
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE6 - 8 YRS PQE
Practice Area Banking & FinanceCorporate & CommercialFinancial Services/Regulatory
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a boutique financial services provider in the Cayman Islands for an experienced, qualified Company Secretary to join their growing Corporate Services team to contribute and play a key role in the development and expansion of the business.
The ideal candidate will be ICSA/CGI qualified, with in the region of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a corporate environment. Previous Cayman experience is advantageous but not a necessity for the role.
In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the management of a team of Corporate Administrators as well as a variety of matters as outlined below:
- Manage a portfolio of client companies and partnerships, interpret transactions to prepare board/ shareholder resolutions and agreements, and update company and partnership records accordingly
- Develop an understanding of key client businesses to assist with the implementation of employee participation schemes, sophisticated investment structures and entity rationalisation programmes
- Understand the key issues on managing Cayman entities and their compliance issues
- Assist junior Administrators in relation to resolution drafting for international finance, debt restructuring and other activities
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested by Management
- Be capable of working in a deadline/volume driven environment with an ability to prioritise client deliverables
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a team
- Demonstrate flexibility to change and the needs of the business
- Maintain focus on chargeable time and record time accurately
- Ensure adherence to proper Corporate Governance and compliance with all regulatory requirements, not limited to those imposed by the Regulator
The Cayman Islands
A world-class international financial centre, Grand Cayman offers professionals the opportunity to do high-quality and complex work that compares favourably with that in a leading onshore firm while escaping the trappings of city life. Outside of work, the climate lends itself to an outdoors lifestyle whether that be diving, sailing, relaxing on the beach or enjoying a bite to eat at a waterfront restaurant. Life here is good; rarely does anyone regret making the move. To find out more take a look at the Origin Legal Guide to Living & Working in the Cayman Islands.