Job Ref JRW2076
Salary £From 70,000 + Full Benefits
Experience Level NQ - 1 YRS PQE2- 5 YRS PQE
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
This role will work closely with the other members of the Corporate / Commercial Division and sector specialists in the wider firm. The role will be principally focussed on technology and digital services work, with some additional commercial work as part of the Group’s practice.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (this is a broad but not exhaustive list):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage your own workload cost-effectively and provide transactional and advisory legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Apply a commercial approach to the delivery of advice
- Support Partners and participate in Firm’s Technology Digital and Brands (TDB) campaigns in client marketing and business development activities to develop the department’s client base and network of intermediaries and contacts
- Assist with a limited amount of corporate support on IT and data-heavy technology deals
- Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how
- strong technical knowledge of technology and commercial contracting, ideally with digital transformation, cloud contracting and outsourcing skills
- understanding of and experience in technology and technology-enabled sectors, and of work with leading brands in these sectors
- good working knowledge of data protection law and current information security standards
- experience working in a leading technology firm or firms
The ideal candidate must:
- be a qualified solicitor or equivalent with NQ – 3 PQE
- have strong commercial experience commensurate with qualification and have a strong desire to specialise in a technology-based sector or sectors as their career progresses
- ideally, the candidate will have undertaken an in house secondment or have in In house or appropriate industry experience
- be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
There are excellent opportunities for the successful candidate to further their career by developing a niche and sought after specialism within a well-respected team at an ambitious City law firm with a growing international presence.
Origin Legal is handling a number of Commercial Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.