Job Ref JRW/9856
Salary Circa 100K + Full Package
Experience Level Partner
Practice Area Corporate & Commercial
Our market leading client acts for large corporates, SMEs, entrepreneurs, the public sector and charity organisations as well as private individuals and their families. Currently, they have a have a turnover of circa £75m and the Commercial Services Division accounts for around £18m of turnover. The division delivers legal services in Corporate Finance, Banking, Commercial, IT/IP, Employment and Pensions. There are three other divisions covering almost every aspect of legal advice and support.
Their Commercial Contracts specialists create and advise on business contracts with suppliers, customers and collaborators; everything from a one-page letter with contractual effect, through complex business arrangements, to multi-million pound, high profile procurement. The specialist Technology and Outsourcing group is ranked across the South East, London and Wales for its excellent, commercially-focused service and industry knowledge.
This is a terrific opportunity for a partner, with or without a team, who is able to contribute to building the South Coast Commercial offering. They have a mature Commercial practice across 4 regions with strength and depth in expertise. The Commercial Practice Group comprises some 25 lawyers and are looking to strengthen their offering in Hampshire to complement our very strong Corporate, Banking and Real Estate and Commercial Litigation Business Groups.
- Commercial trading contracts
- Outsourcing projects
- Intellectual property protection and exploitation
- IT contracts, outsourcing and IT procurement projects
- Licensing agreements and supplier and distribution contracts
- There is tremendous potential to be part of this thriving Commercial Business Group.
Skills & Experience
Your experience will have been acquired at a leading national, regional or city firm where you have been involved in good quality commercial work.
We expect candidates for the position to have the following personal attributes:
- 10+ PQE
- Strong technical competence
- Ability to mentor and challenge other members of the team
- Proven success with business development and building a practice area
- Confident and personable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enjoy client contact, ability to build rapport and confidence
- Well regarded where you are
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.