Job Ref JPN/2076
Salary £18,000 £20,000
Experience Level Paralegal
Practice Area Corporate & CommercialIP/ IT/ TMT
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices across the country are looking to add a Paralegal to their Technology, Media and Contracts team within their Birmingham offices. You will be assisting fee earners and managing your own case load in conjunction with contracts for e-businesses to major outsourcing projects, often relating to purchasing, production, marketing, selling, infrastructure or technology.
Main Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing client files, running files on commercial law matters (under supervision).
- Assisting TMC Legal Advisers and PAs in ensuring that invoicing and debtor days targets are met
- Being available to accept opportunities for secondment to any of TMCs major clients (which can be based anywhere in England)
- Assisting legal advisors in the department with various commercial law matters.
- Communicating effectively and confidently with clients and external solicitors (both in writing and by telephone) to provide advice and deal with initial queries.
- Managing matters for key clients, sometimes with short deadlines.
- Recording time and working towards billing targets set within the commercial team.
- Assisting with various other tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree (ideally 2:1) and LPC or ILEX qualified.
- 6-12 months previous paralegal experience within Commercial within professional services, ideally legal
- Excellent client care skills.
- Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Good working knowledge of various applications – word, excel, outlook, digital dictation.
- Taking care and attention in all correspondence and documentation.
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to change and new practices and
- Remain calm under pressure and find solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills reflected in their work.
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail.
- Good organisational skills to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good sense of humour and able to integrate within a team as well as working on one’s own initiative.
- Ability to deliver a superb client service to both internal and external clients.